The World Bank agrees to leasing a joint IFC and IBRD office space on 23/32 Old Jewry Street in London.
On November 30, 1956, A. S. G. Hoar sent a letter to the president of the new International Finance Corporation (IFC), Robert Garner, regarding a possible location for office accommodations for IFC staff in London, which he felt Bank staff could also use. On December 31, 1956, Garner and World Bank President Black agreed to lease the space for a joint IFC and IBRD office space. The London office opens in May 1957 at the location of 23/32 Old Jewry Street.
March 19, 1957
The Bank's special representative in Europe indicates that he will take one or two trips to London to "deal with the new office" (1580721).
On pages 2 and 47 of the transcript, Twining mentions the opening of the London Office.